Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Satisfying Vegetable Smoothie Soup


Moms For Real Food Satisfying Vegetable Smoothie Soup
I recently went to a weekend retreat where many people came together and made food. One of the most memorable soups was this one.
So I give credit to my ladies Charis, Reneigh and Violet for inspiring me to make this once I got home.
I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!

Ingredients:

  • 2 whole Sweet Potatoes/Yams
  • 6 Carrots
  • 3 Stalks Celery
  • 1 large Leek
  • 1 carton Vegetable broth
  • Butter/ Olive Oil/ Coconut oil
  • 2 cups Coconut Milk
  • Himalayan pink salt - to taste
  • Pepper - to taste
  • OPTIONAL: pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, goats cheese to garnish

Instructions:

  1. Chop all ingredients into small cubes.
  2. On Medium heat,  soften leek, celery in the oil of your choice until transparent.
  3. Add the rest of your ingredients.
  4. Continue to cook on medium heat until everything is somewhat softened.
  5. Add broth.
  6. Bring to a boil, turn heat down to minimum and allow to simmer until all ingredients are mushy.
  7. Use a blender, food processor or hand held blender to whip up - incorporate coconut milk until smooth and creamy.
  8. Heat through once more.
  9. Serve hot or cold - ENJOY!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment